Rent Guarantee Insurance - Is it worth it?
For many landlords, their tenants have always paid on time and they usually share a good relationship. That said, past performance can never determine future behaviour as anyone’s circumstances can and do change with time.
If we look at what’s happening in the world right now, who thought we’d be seeing fuel shortages, sunflower oil missing from supermarket shelves and people gasping at their energy bills. We’d all be millionaires if we could predict these changes. We may not be able to predict them, but we can protect against them.
The cost of living crisis is beginning to unfold and is contributed by;
- Ofgem increasing the energy price cap by 54%, meaning a nearly £700 annual rise in bills for those who pay by direct debit
- A national insurance increase – dubbed the health and social levy by ministers – of 10%, which experts warned would affect the lowest earners the most
- Council tax rising by around 3.5%, meaning those in band D could face paying around £2,000 annually
- A freeze on the income tax threshold, meaning a real-terms cut in take-home earnings for most
- Water bills rising by an average of 1.7%
- Lateral flow tests will no longer be free for everyone in England, to be followed by the rest of the UK in the coming weeks
Smooth offer Rent Guarantee for as little as £300 plus VAT annually. To find out more about how this could give you peace of mind, contact us at [email protected] for more information or complete the enquiry form below and we’ll be in touch.